I often get asked “Should I inlcude our dog on our family photoshoot?” The answer is “Absolutely, yes!” Here are five reasons why. . .
1. Dogs are such an important part of our family . . . As a dog owner myself I know what an important member of the family our four legged friends become. Here’s Barney – my energetic labradoodle looking rather bear-like in the snow! He comes everywhere with us – even on holiday – an I couldn’t imagine having family pictures without him.
2. Dogs can take the focus of you or your children . . . Don’t get me wrong – I mean this is the nicest possible way (!) but dogs can take the focus of you or your children or teenagers. They are a welcome distraction and they provide a focus – especially with shy children – almost acting like a prop and they’ll give you something else to think about during your shoot.
3. Pets put a smile on everyone’s faces . . .Let’s face it, dogs really do change our family dynamic – they provide plenty of laughs for all members of the family and make a great addition to photo shoots.
4. They give you something to do with your hands . . . Hands can be awkward things and people always ask me what they should do with theirs during a photoshoot – dogs provide you with the answer – hold their lead, stroke them or snuggle up close to them and give them a huge cuddle.
5. They won’t be around forever . . .Sadly our four legged friends won’t be with us forever – we tend to take lots pictures of our pets but not so many of us together – let me capture those precious memories for you!